Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe comes from the Pillsbury's soup and Crock pot recipe book. If you want to you can brown the roast before placing into the slow cooker, I have left the onions as option they are good to add in, fresh minced garlic is another great addition
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder (trim off and excess fat)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the sliced onions into a 4-quart crockpot.
- Pace the roast on top of the onions.
- In a bowl combine cranberries, broth and 1/4 cup the cranberry juice in a small bowl pour over the roast cover, and cook for 7-9 hours when done, place roast on platter.
- Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Pour the juices from crock pot into a medium-size saucepan.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup cranberry juice cocktail with the 2 tbsp of cornstarch in a small bowl; mix well add to the juices in the saucepan; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly (about 3 minutes).
- Serve the sauce with pork roast.
- **NOTE** if desired, the sauce can easily be doubled.