Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This recipe comes from the Pillsbury's soup and Crock pot recipe book. If you want to you can brown the roast before placing into the slow cooker, I have left the onions as option they are good to add in, fresh minced garlic is another great addition
- Sprinkle the sliced onions into a 4-quart crockpot.
- Pace the roast on top of the onions.
- In a bowl combine cranberries, broth and 1/4 cup the cranberry juice in a small bowl pour over the roast cover, and cook for 7-9 hours when done, place roast on platter.
- Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Pour the juices from crock pot into a medium-size saucepan.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup cranberry juice cocktail with the 2 tbsp of cornstarch in a small bowl; mix well add to the juices in the saucepan; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly (about 3 minutes).
- Serve the sauce with pork roast.
- **NOTE** if desired, the sauce can easily be doubled.
Very, very good!! I thought I had cranberries, but they were dried cherries~and they were great anyways! ;) We will have this again soon--so perfect for Autumn.
We all LOVED this!! It was so easy to make, too! We were tired of the same old roast and this really brought new flavors to the dinner table. I will certainly make this again and again!
Really good! I would add 2 onions but I love onions. I will double the sauce next time.