Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Can adapt to the oven also. It's not gourmet, but if you're pressed for time, it's darn good.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork chops
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- Lightly salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops and place them into the crock pot.
- Top with sliced onion, then brown sugar and thyme.
- Pour the undrained stewed tomatoes over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Pork chops were the only thing left in the freezer so I searched for a quick and easy recipe, and this was the one I chose :D The whole day I was breathing this in as it was cooking in the slowcooker and I just could not wait for dinnertime, the day went so slow LOL. I also added a tablespoon of bottled minced garlic and cooked it for 4 hours on high. Delicious :)
The aroma from these chops cooking is heavenly - my stomach actually growled waiting for dinner! I used Mexican style stewed tomatoes and added 1 tsp chili flakes. On low for 6 hours - Dinner was super good! Thanks "Parsley" for a keeper
This was good. I wasn't sure what to expect but we liked it. I followed the recipe except that I used crushed tomotoes instead of stewed tomatoes as I thought I had stewed tomatoes but didn't. It was easy to put together in the morning. It smelled really good cooking too :)