7 hrs 10 mins
Bobby Joe (Zhou) Moon's Note:
This is a crock pot version of authentic Texas Mexican (Tex-Mex) menudo. This is very easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs honeycomb beef tripe (best from Mexican grocery or meat markets)
- 1 (1 lb) pig's foot (cut in small pieces by the butcher)
- 1 (30 ounce) can hominy
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 6 tablespoons Menudo Spice Mix
- 1 serrano pepper, pepper for extra spiciness (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- tap water, to fill the crock pot
- 1Cook on HIGH for 7 to 8 hours until the beef tripe and pig's foot is cooked very tender.
- 2Add more Menudo Mix and salt if desired to your taste.
- 3Garnish individual bowls of menudo with lime juice, chopped onions and chopped cilantro leaves.
- 4Enjoy with guacamole salad and corn or flour tortillas. Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Crock Pot Menudo With Pig's Foot
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.1
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 604.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
honeycomb beef tripe
Menudo Spice Mix