7 hrs 10 mins
Bobby Joe (Zhou) Moon's Note:
This is a crock pot version of authentic Texas Mexican (Tex-Mex) menudo. This is very easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs honeycomb beef tripe (best from Mexican grocery or meat markets)
- 1 (1 lb) pig's foot (cut in small pieces by the butcher)
- 1 (30 ounce) can hominy
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 6 tablespoons Menudo Spice Mix
- 1 serrano pepper, pepper for extra spiciness (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- tap water, to fill the crock pot
- 1Cook on HIGH for 7 to 8 hours until the beef tripe and pig's foot is cooked very tender.
- 2Add more Menudo Mix and salt if desired to your taste.
- 3Garnish individual bowls of menudo with lime juice, chopped onions and chopped cilantro leaves.
- 4Enjoy with guacamole salad and corn or flour tortillas. Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Crock Pot Menudo With Pig's Foot
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.1
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 604.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
honeycomb beef tripe
Menudo Spice Mix