Recipe by Lvs2Cook
This is a very easy recipe. You can use your own meatballs that you have frozen or you can buy already prepared frozen meatballs.
Top Review by lcamden914
This recipe tastes delicious and is so quick and easy! I needed to make 5 hoagies and was not planning on making enough for leftovers so I decided to use 25 meatballs instead. I cooked 25 frozen italian meatballs in my 2 qt slow cooker for 4 hours on LOW. (I have the 3 in 1 cooker) My LOW setting really cooks on low heat but if you decide to adjust the quantity be careful that your sauce doesn't scorch. I eliminated the onion, used traditional Ragu sauce with my own seasonings added in, and sliced mozzarella cheese to go on top. I used 5 meatballs for each toasted sandwich and sliced the meatballs in half, lining each side to make it easier to eat. Top with some extra sauce and broil to melt the cheese. This made 5 hearty sandwiches. I made this with fresh sub buns from the bakery. A new favorite in our house!
- 40 frozen fully cooked meatballs
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 slices muenster cheese or 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 hoagie rolls, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together frozen meatballs, sauce and onion in a crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4-6 hours or until meatballs are heated through and onion is tender.
- Place meatballs on rolls and top with cheese. Place under broiler for a minute or two to let cheese melt.