Recipe by * Pamela *
From Company's Coming Slow Cooker Recipes. I love to make this when my kids have skating lessons. I can throw it into the crockpot after school and when lessons are over, dinner is waiting. If you are lucky enough to have two crock pots, you can have a glazed ham going in the other one and your dinner is ready to go!
Top Review by Ricearoni161
I have made this twice and both times turned out very good. For me though, the original recipe has a little too much onion and not enough cheese. So on attempt 2, I doubled the cheese, cut the onions in half, and added a little dried mustard. PERFECT (for me)! Thanks for a great basic recipe as a starting point... I would never have thought to use my crock pot for Mac n' Cheese!
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese (or your favourite kind of cheese)
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray crockpot with non-stick spray for easy cleaning.
- In a saucepan, combine first 5 ingredients.
- Pour in milk and stir with a whisk until no lumps remain.
- Heat and continue stirring until mixture boils and is thickened.
- Add cheese and then macaroni.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Pour into 3 1/2 quart (3. 5L) slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-2 1/2 hours or on high for 1 hour.