Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is an adapted recipe from several I've seen/tried.
Make and share this Easy Crock Pot Ham & Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb dried great northern beans, soaked over night in water and drained
- 2 cups smoked ham, diced
- 6 cups chicken broth (low sodium is fine)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Add beans, ham, onion powder, garlic powder, broth, pepper and salt to crock pot and mix lightly (may change amounts according to taste, or use diced onion and diced garlic in place of powders).
- Turn crock pot on low and cook all day (at least 8 hours).
I've made this a few times. I need easy make-ahead or husband friendly meals. I make this with the pre-diced ham just to get myself all prepped in the morning. It is awesome!!!