Recipe by Vicki in AZ
Mexican green chili
Top Review by ellie_
Although my dh enjoyed this dish, I felt that the ingredients list and directions were incomplete and left too much guesswork on the part of the cook/reviewer. The amount of spices, beef broth and cooking time were not included so I used 1 can of beef broth plus 4 bouillion cubes and 1 quart of water-- which was way too much -- the stew never thickened after 7 hours of cooking on high therefore I am rating this dish low. However, if this recipe was corrected with amounts of ingredients and cooking time indicated I will make this dish again and submit another review.
- 3 lbs beef stew meat or 3 lbs pork stew meat
- 1 lb green chili, roasted and chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef (I salt & pepper).
- Cook onions.
- Throw both into crock pot.
- Chop tomatoes and add with green chilis to crock pot.
- Cover with beef broth.
- Add cumin.
- Cook on high until tender and thickened (can thicken with flour, if desired).
- Adjust seasoning and serve.
- My husband and son eat like soup with tortillas.
- I generally use as a burrito with refried black beans and grated cheese.