Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Easy, delicious French Dip Sandwiches with almost no work on your part. My husband can make a meal of these, and they disappear quickly. Just start your crock pot in the morning and come home to the yummy aroma of dinner that's already done! Serve the beef on hoagie sandwich rolls topped with cheese, sauteed onions, and a side of aus jus.
- Rinse the roast and sprinkle it with salt and pepper to taste. I often skip the salt, since the broth and soup mix are salty already.
- Put the roast into your crock pot, and pour the broth and coffee (if using) over the roast.
- Add the soup mix and garlic (if using)into the liquid and stir a bit. Don't worry about getting the soup mix to dissolve. The crock pot does all the work!
- Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, slice
- the meat, and serve hot on hoagie rolls with your favorite cheese (I prefer provolone or swiss). These are great with sauteed onions (can add bell pepper too). The broth makes delicious au jus for dipping your sandwiches.
Decisions...decisions...red wine or white wine? All I know is that, beef...does the body good. Napkins anyone?!!
I made this as written, minus the salt. I was brave and even added the coffee but you could not tell it was in the broth at the end of the cooking time. For my crock pot, the roast only needs to cook for 6 hours at the most. I chilled the juice to remove the extra grease. Topped a plain bun with some of the beef and dipped it in the juice. Thank you for posting. Made for *Zaar Cookbook Tag 2009* game
We tried this as part of the Adopt A Chef game for Spring 2009, and will definitely be eating it again! The meat came out extremely tender and flavorful. I kind of hesitated about reviewing it without trying again, not because it wasn't wonderful, but because I ended up needing to make several (I think overall) minor substitutions. We just moved, and some of my staples were missing, so I had to substitute Trader Joe's Soy Ginger Broth for the Beef Broth, and of course we no longer had my staple instant coffee, so we had to leave that out. I found the directions to be easy to follow and mouthwateringly delicious. Thank you, Raichka, we will definitely be cooking this again!