Easy, delicious French Dip Sandwiches with almost no work on your part. My husband can make a meal of these, and they disappear quickly. Just start your crock pot in the morning and come home to the yummy aroma of dinner that's already done! Serve the beef on hoagie sandwich rolls topped with cheese, sauteed onions, and a side of aus jus.
- Rinse the roast and sprinkle it with salt and pepper to taste. I often skip the salt, since the broth and soup mix are salty already.
- Put the roast into your crock pot, and pour the broth and coffee (if using) over the roast.
- Add the soup mix and garlic (if using)into the liquid and stir a bit. Don't worry about getting the soup mix to dissolve. The crock pot does all the work!
- Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, slice
- the meat, and serve hot on hoagie rolls with your favorite cheese (I prefer provolone or swiss). These are great with sauteed onions (can add bell pepper too). The broth makes delicious au jus for dipping your sandwiches.