Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I got this recipe from a co-worker who brings it to work for our monthly potluck. It is probably the most requested dish at the company. It could be a "Semi-Homemade" recipe!
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans New England clam chowder
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 (6 ounce) can minced clams
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add chopped onion to butter and saute until onions are soft.
- Add sauteed onions, butter and remaining ingredients to crock pot. Stir well to mix.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
This is a tasty and easy recipe! I placed all the ingredients in the crock pot before I left for work and it was ready when I returned home. Perfect for a busy couple. I included the clam juice and next time, may add more potatoes.
I'm amazed at how yummy this is! And it's easy and quick to put together! A great treat for a cold evening. I love the ease of opening the cans and throwing the contents into the crockpot! Truly a good, fun , hurry-up, get it going quick supper! I used fat free half and half, two cans of chopped clams and their juices and only about 2T. butter.