Recipe by Pesto lover
This recipe is so easy to make and turns out really delicious. The meat is so tender you can cut it with your fork. The sauce is great. We serve it with rice.
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast
- 2 onions, sliced
- 12 ounces chili sauce (I use Del Monte brand)
- 1 envelope lipton dry onion soup mix
- 12 ounces dark beer (I use Guinness Draft in the can)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Put onions in bottom of crock pot.
- 2. Place meat on onions.
- 3. Sprinkle contents of dry onion soup mix over meat.
- 4. Pour entire bottle of chili sauce over meat.
- 5. Pour beer around meat.
- 6. Cover crock pot and cook on high for 1 hours and then on low for 6 hours. (or cook on low for 6-8 hrs).
- 7. Serve.