Recipe by Chris from Kansas
It doesn't get any easier than this! I like to make this for a quick and tasty weeknight meal.
Top Review by *Parsley*
So easy! I happened to already have all of these ingredients on hand (I used pork loin in place of shoulder). It's nice to have a crockpot recipe that's not a pot roast or chicken. I added some fresh garlic and ground black pepper for some extra flavor. I've got lots of frozen pork loins from a BOGO sale, so I'll keep this recipe handy to use again. Thanx for a great crockpot recipe!
- 1 lb boneless pork shoulder, trimmed of fat and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4 inch wedges
- 1 (5 ounce) cansliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1⁄2 cup purchased teriyaki baste and glaze
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 (1 lb) packagefrozen broccoli carrots and water chestnut mix, thawed, drained
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In 4 to 6 quart crock pot, combine pork, onion, bamboo shoots, teriyaki baste and glaze and gingerroot; mix well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 5 to 7 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, stir vegetables into pork. Increase heat setting to high; cover and cook an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in water as directed on package. Serve pork mixture over rice.