Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
A good, warming bowl of this easy to make chili will chase away your chills on a cold winter's day. One of our favorites.
- 2 lbs coarsely ground chuck
- 2 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Brown ground chuck on top of stove, drain fat.
- Put ground chuck and the rest of the ingredients listed, in a 5-quart crockpot.
- Cook on low for 10-12 hours.
absolutely disgusting. I have never made chili ever so I carefully followed the recipe and it came out tasting like spicy meat water. i am so disappointed at this recipe i just want to cuss. luckily, i have some cooking talent and was able to save this big pile of sh*t they pass on as food. i had to add ketchup, loads more of cumin, fennel seeds, onion powder, garlic powder, merlot, a good brand of spaghetti sauce, fresh celery, more salt, more cumin, oregano ... and at the end, i still had to serve this thing with hot sauce, sour cream and an expensive brand of sharp cheddar cheese to be edible. RIDICULOUS! whoever thought that making chili is THIS easy is one lying bastard. I may as well had just bought chili from Wendy's.
Best chili recipe I've tried. The only one my husband will eat. Super easy.
I had to add atleast 2 cups of water and didn't drain the tomatoes. I thought the chili would have tasted better if it only cooked for like 2 or 4 hours.