Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Very easy. I recommend using coarse-grind ground beef, but you can use any ground beef, or other ground meat if you like. Freezes well.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs coarse-grind ground beef or 2 1⁄2 lbs other ground meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- seasoned adobo seasoning or seasoning salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- ground red pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 14 1⁄2 ounces peeled crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 10 1⁄2 ounces campbell's beef consomme
- Place beef, garlic and onion in a large skillet or dutch oven and brwon it, then drain any excess fat/drippings.
- Place the meat mixture in the crock pot with the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until meat is tender. Serve with beans if you like. Stir them in towards the end of cooking time so they heat up.