Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My latest chili recipe – I’ve found it tastes best if made the day before. Adjust the heat by using hot, medium or mild picante sauce and taco seasoning (I use hot for both). Red pepper flakes are optional, but I like it hot and use 2 teaspoons.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce (mild, medium or hot)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning (mild, medium or hot)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, in sauce
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2-2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Mix all ingredients in Crock Pot.
- Cover; cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Note: To make on stovetop, mix all ingredients in a big soup pot; cover and simmer for about an hour or so.