Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a healthy and delicious chicken stew sure to please the whole family. This recipe can be easily adapted to include whatever you have in the produce bin. Don't be afraid to experiment! I like to serve my stew with good crusty sourdough bread, and then take the leftoveres to reheat at work for lunch!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, rough chopped into a 1-inch dice
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup thickly sliced mushroom
- 2 celery ribs, including leaves, thickly sliced
- 10 baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and slightly smashed (left whole)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- As you serve the stew, fish out the bay leaves and garlic cloves.