Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I work 12 hour shifts, so I'm always looking for recipes that are quick, easy, and low maintenance. I threw this together the other day with stuff I found in the fridge, and it turned out great! I like really spicy stuff, so I tend to use a lot of cayenne. Play with the ingredients to find your taste!! :)
- 3 chicken breasts
- 16 ounces of any pasta sauce (I like the fire roasted tomato and garlic)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- parmesan cheese (top when serving) or mozzarella cheese (top when serving)
- place chicken breasts on bottom of pot.
- Add pasta sauce, spices, and vegetables to crock pot.
- Cook 8-10 hours in crock pot until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve with parmesean or mozzarella cheese on top.
- This dish can also be frozen for a great tasting "TV Dinner". How easy is that? :).
Very easy to make, very economical and it smells great when cooking. I don't know that we'd make it again, but it is a good recipe to modify to your tastes, like Silverjazz says. Love the addition of cayenne, and we put a lot. One thing though- I felt that it was more than 3 servings, just because it yields a whole lotta sauce!