Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is a great way to serve a large amount of chicken alfredo at a party without spending a fortune. My husband loves this and I make it quite often for him for his lunches.
- 16 ounces alfredo sauce (my favorite is Classico brand)
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk or 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce (I use Kirkland's Cibo Natural brand at Costco)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bulb of garlic, shelled and peeled
- 3 -4 lbs frozen chicken breast tenders
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend (with Parmesan)
- Pour jar of alfredo sauce into the crock pot.
- Add milk to the jar and shake well before adding to sauce in crock pot.
- Drop in garlic cloves, butter and pesto, do not stir.
- Place frozen chicken on top of alfredo sauce.
- Cook on low for six hours.
- After six hours, remove lid, stir and sprinkle cheese over the chicken and cook for one more hour.
- Serve over pasta.
- If serving at a party, you may set out crock pot with a ladle for guests to serve themselves.
I made this for a potluck last weekend , and everyone went nuts for it. The only change I made was that , before adding the cheese, I stirred in a couple of tbls. of flour, which thickened the sauce a bit. I had 14 people here. I made 1 1/2 X the recipe, and ended up with about 1 serving left. People went back for thirds!
Great! I made this for a Halloween party, and I was nervous to see how it would turn out, but it was amazing! I added an extra jar of sauce and a few cloves of garlic, and added the noodles to the crock when it was ready to be served. Everyone said it was amazing, even the picky ones! I will definitely make this again, and reccommend it!
This turned out very well. It was plenty thick enough. I wonder if those whose sauce was too thin noticed that the last hour of cooking is supposed to be with the lid off? That might be why their sauce didn't thicken up. I used a 3lb bag of tenders and this recipe served 7 as a main entree. Next time I will double the sauce and use a 4lb bag to serve 10-12.