Recipe by Rose's Granddaughter
This is a great way to serve a large amount of chicken alfredo at a party without spending a fortune. My husband loves this and I make it quite often for him for his lunches.
Top Review by mcxstch
I made this for a potluck last weekend , and everyone went nuts for it. The only change I made was that , before adding the cheese, I stirred in a couple of tbls. of flour, which thickened the sauce a bit. I had 14 people here. I made 1 1/2 X the recipe, and ended up with about 1 serving left. People went back for thirds!
- 16 ounces alfredo sauce (my favorite is Classico brand)
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk or 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce (I use Kirkland's Cibo Natural brand at Costco)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bulb of garlic, shelled and peeled
- 3 -4 lbs frozen chicken breast tenders
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend (with Parmesan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour jar of alfredo sauce into the crock pot.
- Add milk to the jar and shake well before adding to sauce in crock pot.
- Drop in garlic cloves, butter and pesto, do not stir.
- Place frozen chicken on top of alfredo sauce.
- Cook on low for six hours.
- After six hours, remove lid, stir and sprinkle cheese over the chicken and cook for one more hour.
- Serve over pasta.
- If serving at a party, you may set out crock pot with a ladle for guests to serve themselves.