Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Ossg Recipes. This is a Cooking Light recipe. A serving size is 1 chicken drumstick or 1 chicken thigh, about 1/2 cup sauce, and 1 cup rice.
- 6 (1/4 lb) skinless chicken drumsticks
- 6 (1/2 lb) skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free lemon & herb seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 14 1⁄2 ounces no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- Trim fat from the chicken.
- Place chicken in an electric slow cooker; stir in wine and next 8 ingredients (wine through tomatoes).
- Cover with lid, and cook on high-heat setting for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat setting to low, and cook for 3-1/2 hours.
- Serve the chicken and tomato sauce over rice.
Easy and wonderful! I made a few changes...well, quite a few. I used 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, a bit of sherry instead of wine, and canned diced tomatoes instead of stewed. Then I served it over pasta and topped it with some italian blend cheese. My kids loved it! Thanks, internetnut. This is a keeper.