Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
4 ingredients, a couple spices, and *poof*...8 hours in a crock pot and dinner is ready! We served ours over rice...delicious! You can probably use whatever kind of 'cream of --- soup' you have, these are just the ones that I used.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- garlic salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, and spices until smooth.
- Pour over the chicken, making sure it is well coated.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7 to 8 hours.
- Stir in the sour cream about 1/2 hour before serving.
- Chicken will be very tender and easily shred/fall apart. Spoon over rice along with the soup "gravy".
The sauce was too thick, I think. I havent put my finger on what I wanted to change with the sauce, but something more needed to be added. The chicken was very yummy :)
I have been recovering from recent illness and was looking for something easy to prepare for the family. This was absolutely perfect! I did not have any garlic salt on hand, so I used Italian Seasoning, and I have to say this was just one of the most delicious meals I have done in the crockpot! We had not a scrap left over, it was that good :) Thank you for sharing...
One word... NUMMY!!! I made this for supper tonight and it was so tasty. DD and sil loved it. This one is a keepr 4-sure! Had this with some Jasmine rice. It was done in under 8hrs though in the crockpot, I think my daughter's crockpot cooks at a higher temp than mine back home.