Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This smells absolutely wonderful while it is cooking and so worth the wait. It is easy to prepare and a good meal to come home to. I have fixed this one many times! Given to me by a co-worker.
- Lightly brown cubed beef stew meat.
- Add remaining ingredient except sour cream, noodles and or rice.
- Slow cook in the crock pot for 8 hours on low.
- Add sour cream after cooking time is complete and heat to warm.
- Serve over noodles or rice with a salad and bread.
I didn't exactly taste like stroganoff imop but it was still a great dish. I added some seasoning salt to the meat which I didn't bother browning. Next time I'll add double the amount of mushrooms, they were my favorite part.
Tasted Great and so easy to make. I omitted the cream of celery and the french onion soup and instead used 1 can of beef broth and a 1 cup of sherry. I also used 2 cans of the golden mushroom soup and added about 1 tablespoon minced garlic. It was delicious and tasted as good as my moms (who in my opinion makes the best beef stroganoff) Thanks for the crockpot recipe! I will definitely be making this one again and again!
I made this stovetop instead of crockpot. This had a different flavor than other stroganoff recipes b/c of the french onion soup, but it is definitely a good change. Thanks for sharing!