Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This beef stew has a tomato based sauce, giving it a little different flavor. Cooked it up one day and got rave reviews from my husband, who is not a stew fan usually. It's also very, very easy and low in calories. I put it in a calorie calculator and it's only about 100 calories per cup. I like to put it together the night before and put the whole crock in the fridge, then in the morning I just pop it into the warmer and let it go!
- 907.18 g stewing beef
- 453.59 g baby carrots
- 340.19 g mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 453.59 g baby red potato (leave them whole)
- 453.59 g fresh green beans (ends snapped off)
- 793.78 g can tomato sauce, plus
- 793.78 g water
- 2 (70.87 g) package Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- Brown the meat in a few tablespoons of olive oil over high heat. Just enough to sear it and seal in the juices.
- Combine the meat and all the ingredients in the crock pot, cook on low at least 6 hours, but can go for 10 or more.
I made this as written other then I didn't add the mushrooms and everyone enjoyed this. It was quick and easy to throw together in the morning before going out the door. Made for Spring PAC 2012