Prep 12 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is an easy best loved beef stock. You may substitute veal bones for the beef bones for veal stock.
- 3 beef bones with marrow
- 1 -2 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 peppercorns
- Put all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Add enough water to cover all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on Low 12-24 hours or on High 4-6 hours.
- Strain and refrigerate for 4-5 days and then freeze.
- Note: If cooked on High, the stock will be lighter in color and less concentrated.