5 hrs 5 mins
This is such an easy recipe. I usually throw it in the crock pot but I have made it in the oven as well. I serve it on noodles that I've boiled on the stove in the leftover "sauce". It's a good variation when you're sick of having a basic roast with gravy and mashed potatoes. I hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs roast (the cheapest cut will do fine)
- 1/4 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic (out of the jar is even ok)
- 1 ounce Lipton Onion Soup Mix (I use the whole package, I'm not sure of the precise measurement)
- 1/2 cup water (I'm guessing here, I really don't measure. Just cover the roast a little more than half way.)
- 1So easy -- just throw the barbecue sauce in a crock pot or in a dutch oven, along with the garlic and soup mix.
- 2Place the roast in the crock pot or pan and add some water (you can brown the roast if you prefer but it's not needed if you're short on time).
- 3Cook on low in the crock pot for about 8 hours or on high for 4-5 until it starts to fall apart.
- 4I usually then take the roast out of the crock pot and pour the remaining liquid into a sauce pan, add a little water and throw some egg noodles into the pan and cook until they are cooked through.
- 5*If you're going to cook the roast in the oven, I'd suggest cooking it at a low temp all day and I'd check the liquid periodically to make sure it doesn't dry out.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Crock Pot Barbecue Roast (Only 5 Ingredients!)
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.7
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 156.8 mg
- Sodium 835.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 42.6 g