Recipe by knauffie
This is an easy way to have baked steak when you don't have a lot of time to spare in the evening. I was craving baked steak and gravy but knew I would be gone all day so I decided to experiment. After trying this I won't be making regular baked steak and gravy again. My husband said it was the best he had tried.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef round steak or 1 1⁄2 lbs beef cube steaks
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (7/8 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place frozen or thawed beef in a crock pot sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place chopped onions on top.
- Pour beef broth over beef and onion.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Add soup, mushrooms, and gravy mix. Stir well.
- Cook on low an additional hour or on high for 30 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.