Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
I added in minced garlic also when sauteeing the onion but that is optional. These go great with eggs!
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat; add in onion and saute for about 6-8 minutes or until tender (if adding in garlic add in the last 2-3 minutes of cooking).
- In a bowl mix the thawed hash browns with onion, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Heat more oil in the skillet; drop the hash brown mixture into about 3-inch rounds (if you find that the mixture has problems holding together then add in an slightly beaten egg).
- Cook about 4-5 minutes per side, or until lightly browned and crispy (press down with a spatula to flatten).
- Top each potato round with a slice of cheese; cook until melted.
I think I have found my new favorite side dish!! LOL!!! I added an egg to the mix and it stuck together just fine.I didn't squeeze out the moisture from the hash browns before I mixed them. I don't know if that made a different from the other review but that's what I did. Yummy!!!
CArol, leaving no starts here but only comments. These need some help and I will make them again but the problem I had was that no matter what I did they would not hold together. I had thawed hash browns and used them, then I squeezed all the water out of them and they still would not hole together. I ended up cooking it as 1 large pancake and topping it with cheese. I wanted crispy little individual pancakes topped with cheese. Thinking of trying these with and egg and some flour mixed in to mind them together and will report back on that. Thanks Carol...will let you know!
Used fresh potato, squeezing out the moisture, worked great! Thanks Carol!