I added in minced garlic also when sauteeing the onion but that is optional. These go great with eggs!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 2-3 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat; add in onion and saute for about 6-8 minutes or until tender (if adding in garlic add in the last 2-3 minutes of cooking).
- 2In a bowl mix the thawed hash browns with onion, seasoned salt and pepper.
- 3Heat more oil in the skillet; drop the hash brown mixture into about 3-inch rounds (if you find that the mixture has problems holding together then add in an slightly beaten egg).
- 4Cook about 4-5 minutes per side, or until lightly browned and crispy (press down with a spatula to flatten).
- 5Top each potato round with a slice of cheese; cook until melted.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Crispy Fried Cheese-Topped Hash Browns Patties
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.5
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 291.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: