Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My favourite road side snack. It has a crispy exterior while the inside is soft and succulent.
Make and share this Easy Crispy Falafel recipe from Food.com.
- 450 g dried garbanzo beans
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- red chili powder, to garnish (optional)
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped (use cilantro if you dont have parsley on hand)
- Soak the chickpeas overight in plenty of water.
- Drain well.
- Grind in a food processor.
- Add onion and parsley.
- Grind for a few seconds more.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Keep this mixture in a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- With wet hands, shape a dessertspoonful of the mixture into a patty 4 cm round.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Deep fry the falafels until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder lightly and serve or serve without it.
- Serving Tip: Falafels can be had plain or served in sandwiches with a spread of sesame paste on bread slices followed by tomato slices and pickled (in vinegar) pieces of cucumber, beetroot and whole green chillies.