1/7 Photos of Easy Crispy Dijon Chicken
Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
This is sooo easy to make, and everyone thinks you spent a lot of time making it. The cooking technique is what really makes this recipe work so well. You'll probably end up using this technique a lot; I sure do. (I made Kittencal's Easy and Delicious Ranch-Parmesan Chicken this way and it was amazing.) OK, back to the recipe; I use only 1/2 as much butter as the original recipe called for but I am posting it exactly as I received it. I think 2 tablespoons butter is plenty but you judge for yourself. So, keep in mind that you can cut the fat considerably by reducing the butter. I also use regular 1 or 2% milk instead of half and half when that's all I have around. It always comes out delicious. You can use this recipe for pork chops, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Put the butter in a 9 or 10 inch square baking dish and put it in the oven while it is heating up.
- 3Don't use a dish that is too big or the butter will end up spreading out too far from the chicken. This whole first part is very important and will help make your chicken end up crispy.
- 4In one bowl, whisk together the mustard and half and half.
- 5In another bowl, mix together the cracker crumbs and the cheese.
- 6When the oven is completely heated up and the butter is sizzling in the baking dish, remove the pan from the oven and set it on a trivet on the counter next to your two mixtures.
- 7Dip the chicken in the wet mixture; dredge in the crumb mixture.
- 8This step is important. Put the chicken down in the dish and turn it over right away. The idea is to put it in the butter briefly and turn it over so the butter side is up. It makes the chicken get evenly crispy. I use this technique for all of my oven "frying" because it works so well.
- 9Bake for approximately 45 minutes or so, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
- 10Leave them in there until the coating is browned real nicely. Mine are usually perfect at 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Crispy Dijon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.8
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 122.6 mg
- Sodium 613.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 31.7 g