1/8 Photos of Easy Crescent Samosa (Indian Style Sandwiches)
Easy to make baked version of the delicious filled Indian sandwiches. Vegetarian, mild and so simple. Make it spicier if you wish by adding more curry powder or a bit of cayenne. I adapted this from a Pillsbury bake-off winning recipe. Great snack, appetizer, or main dish! Serve with this yummy honey sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked diced potatoes
- 1 cup cooked diced carrot
- 1/2 cup canned sweet peas or 1/2 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent rolls
Honey Dipping Sauce
- 1Saute onion and garlic in oil 5 minutes until onion is soft.
- 2Add all other ingredients except crescent rolls.
- 3Stir gently over medium heat for several minutes until well incorporated.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Heat oven to 375°F.
- 6Open cans of crescent rolls and unroll the dough.
- 7Separate into 4 rectangles and pinch the triangular perforations to seal.
- 8Cut each rectangle in half crosswise to make squares (you'll have 8 squares per can of crescent rolls).
- 9You may have to coax the dough gently with your hands to make it square and to close up the perforations.
- 10Spoon a heaping spoonful of filling in the center of each square and fold over to make a triangle.
- 11Pinch the edges to seal.
- 12Bake on cookie sheets sprayed with Pam for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- 13Cool slightly on rack.
- 14Serve warm with Honey Dipping Sauce.
- 15Mix sauce well in small bowl.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Crescent Samosa (Indian Style Sandwiches)
Serving Size: 1 (1368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.7
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 343.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g