If you are looking for a quick easy tasty cheese roll then this is it, these are very good!
Make and share this Easy Crescent Cheddar Twists recipe from Food.com.
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a large cookie sheet.
- Separate dough at the perforations.
- Seal together two triangles at the perforations firmly to make 8 squares total.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese and onions; mix well.
- Spoon a "scant" 1/4 cup cheese/onion mixture in a 1-inch strip down the center of each rectangle to within 1/4-inch of each end.
- Fold dough in half lenghwise to form a long strip.
- Firmly press edges to seal.
- Twist strip 4-5 times.
- Bring ends together to form a ring shape; pinch to seal.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl using a fork or small whisk, mix the egg with 1 teaspoon water and brush over the dough.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and garlic salt (if using).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool 5 minutes on wire rack.
- Serve warm.
Excellent and easy!!! Everyone loved these. I made them exactly as directed, including the garlic salt. A winner, and we will make again! Thank you!
I can add no higher praise than the intro, which we found to be absolutely true. The taste is fabulous,the method uncomplicated, and the finished product looks great. What more could you ask?
These crescent rolls were the perfect addition to our meal last night! They were cheesy good and almost too easy to make. I had to omit the sesame seeds since I was out and I used garlic powder instead of garlic salt. Thanks for sharing the recipe!