Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Heres my recipe for crepes so far that I have taken and simplified a common ground from other crepes recipes I found. Its easy to remember and easy to double or even cut the ingredients in half if its just for one. This recipe so far is for one or two but you can easy double! Very tasty!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted but cooled)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar (leave out for non-sweet crepe)
- 2 -4 drops vanilla extract (or more if you like, leave out for non-sweet crepe)
- oil (to distribute on pan)
- Oil or spray pan and preheat oven-top to medium high (around 8) while you mix. Combine the dry ingredients first then add vanilla, milk and eggs and wisk away. Then add melted but COOLED butter, otherwise you'll have tiny egg clumps. I usually mix even more with a handheld mixer to make sure its all mixed very well.
- Pour the batter as you would like a pancake but since I dont have an actual crepe maker I pour the batter and swirl the pan around so the batter becomes thinner and wider. Let sit until bottom starts to have golden brown swirlies, then you can flip (I just use a spatula to flip and to loosen the bottom after a few seconds of cooking, its never burned but it might depend on the material yours is made of).
- After you've made your crepe you can add whatever you like! My personal favorite is a bit of butter, strawberry preserves, caramel, whipped cream and 1 scoop of ice cream! I havent done anything with non-sweat crepes but sure will in the future -- Enjoy!
Bloody delicious, these crepes are! I added a dash of cinnamon to the dry mix and left out the vanilla. I kept everything else the same and, true to the recipe's word, it is easy and fantastic!