Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Quite an easy and fast recipe to make. Kids can help, I tried it with my nephew, he was happy helping and eating.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 pinch vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Put in a bowl: the flour, the eggs, the vanilla, the grated lemon peel and the salt.
- Add the water little by little while whisking. The mixture must be a little diluted.
- Melt the butter on medium heat and set aside. Then brush a little butter on a pan over medium heat.
- Pour in half a ladle of the crêpes mixture, swirl around quickly to coat the bottom of the pan (The mixture must cover the whole surface of the pan and be thin crusted). Fry till golden. Turn over and fry till golden.
- Put in a plate and fill with chocolate paste, cheese, sugar and butter, jam -- or simply powder with sugar glaze. You can fill with whatever you want actually, be creative. Fold to a square then serve.
- Brush the pan with butter between a crêpe and the other.
WOW! This was an amazing recipe. I am certainly not an experienced cook, and these turned out beautifully! They rolled quite nicely over fruit, jam and sugar and kept their shape even after my not-so-gentle folding. I made them for Mother's Day breakfast in bed - and will probably be making them every weekend! Thanks again for a great recipe.