5 hrs 20 mins
Easier because its made in a pan and not individual. This creme caramel can be refrigerated overnight as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- 2In a medium skillet, combine 1/2 cup of sugar with the water and cook over high heat until deep a deep amber color (about 4 min), swirling the pan occasionally.
- 3Immediately pour the caramel into an 8-by-4 1/2-by-3in metal loaf pan.
- 4Make sure you evenly coat the bottom.
- 5Let caramel harden.
- 6In a bowl, whisk the remaining (1/2 c.) of sugar, the milk, cream, eggs, and egg yolks.
- 7Pour custard into the pan with hardened caramel.
- 8Set this pan in a small baking dish and add enough water in baking dish to reach halfway up the side of the pan.
- 9Bake for 50 min (or until set around the edges but slightly soft in center).
- 10Remove pan of custard from baking dish and let cool to room temperature.
- 11Refrigerate until chilled (at least 4 hours).
- 12Remove from pan by running a thin knife around the custard and flipping it onto a plate.
- 13Cut into slices and serve.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Creme Caramel
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.7
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 226.9 mg
- Sodium 66.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g