Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Everyone in my family likes this soup and you can alter the veggies according to the season and your taste. Suggested vegetables we've used: broccoli, zucchini or cauliflower.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced with leaves
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups vegetables, cooked and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1 (12 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- Simmer onion, carrot and celery in water for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. In a blender or food processor; puree all vegetables. Add salt, pepper, chicken broth and cream. Heat before serving, but do not boil.
This is super dooper easy and great tasting! My daughter loves it. I used cauliflower for the 2 c of veg. just threw it in and used pork broth instead of chicken. It was gooood! Didnt even puree it. thanks
It is so refreshing to see a classic soup recipe on zaar! A recipe like this should be valued just as much as a complicated one, and I rate this very highly for several reasons: it's well written and suggests good ideas: how to use our 5 a day - veggies! I made my soup with green beans, carrots, red peppers, celery, broccoli, onions and courgettes. I used liquid creme fraiche in place of half and half. Just lovely thanks Jan! Made for Photo Tag. FT:-)
Really nice soup which I made for a quick and easy tea last night for my kids. I substitued frozen chopped veg for the fresh veg which, not only made it so much easier (no chopping) but it didn't compromise on the taste. The frozen veg included chopped carrot so the only chopping was the onion and celery. I didn't have half & half so I substituted half the amount of coffee creamer mixed with 1/2 cup water. Lovely!