Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Thick rich and full of tomato flavor, and takes only minutes to make --- use good quality Italian canned crushed tomatoes for this, it really makes a taste difference, I also like to add in about 15 minced fresh basil leaves :)
Top Review by Diana 2
This should have a new name....Easy Creamy Gourmet Tomato Soup. Need I say any more? I used Italian Style canned tomatoes, as that's what was in the cupboard. I'll be making this often. Thanks Kitten, for another fantastic recipe.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (to taste) (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1⁄2-1 teaspoon white salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4-1 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- crouton (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan bring the crushed tomatoes, chili flakes, broth and seasoned salt to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add in sugar, cream and butter; cook until butter is melted and all is combined.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with croutons.