1/3 Photos of Easy Creamy Tomato Soup
Thick rich and full of tomato flavor, and takes only minutes to make --- use good quality Italian canned crushed tomatoes for this, it really makes a taste difference, I also like to add in about 15 minced fresh basil leaves :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (to taste) (optional)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1/2-1 teaspoon white salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4-1 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- crouton (optional)
- 1In a large saucepan bring the crushed tomatoes, chili flakes, broth and seasoned salt to a boil over medium heat.
- 2Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 3Add in sugar, cream and butter; cook until butter is melted and all is combined.
- 4Season with black pepper to taste.
- 5Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with croutons.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Creamy Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.1
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 535.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: