Recipe by jconway520
I love all chutneys, and the addition of walnuts adds just enough fat and makes it taste a little creamier than an average tomato chutney. Plus you get the added benefit of the omega-6 fatty acids from the walnuts!!
- 11 ounces fresh tomatoes (if using canned, drain all liquid) or 11 ounces canned tomatoes, quartered (if using canned, drain all liquid)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄8 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 small green chilies (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil and roast the garlic and tomatoes until slightly softened.
- While still warm, combine with other ingredients in blender and blend until very smooth.
- Chill for 30 mins !to one hour or until cool - this is very important to allow the spices to combine together. You can make this first, and this can be chilling while you make the rest of your meal.