Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is an easy dessert for a summer night's dinner.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagesliced frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 (9 inch) pastry shells, baked
- sliced fresh strawberries (optional)
- Drain frozen strawberries into a 1-cup measuring cup and reserve juice; set berries aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup; pour into a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add icecream; stir until blended.
- Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or just until thickened (watch carefully).
- Fold in reserved strawberries. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries, if desired.