This is one of the first recipes I really "mastered" when I was learning how to cook. My husband got to enjoy this recipe at least twice a month because it was one of the few dishes I knew how to make. Now, that I'm a much better cook, we still have this delicious dinner on our menu at least monthly. It is so easy to put together and very good. If you like your casserole's creamy, then this is one you've gotta try! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil chicken breast until tender; drain and cube.
- Spread evenly over the bottom of a square casserole dish.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix sour cream and chicken soup in a separate bowl.
- Spread the sour cream and soup mixture over the chicken in the casserole dish.
- Crush the Ritz crackers and spread over top of the casserole.
- Spoon melted butter on top over all.
- Bake in a 350°F oven until top is golden brown, approximately 20-30 minutes.