1/1 Photo of Easy Creamy Ranch Chicken Potato Soup #RSC
mae lafferty's Note:
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. I thought about the list of ingredients and this soup just seemed a natural fit. This soup brings an old favorite up to date. And, did I mention how easy it is to make? All in one pot or crock pot. This soup can be made rich & creamy or, by changing the milk to fat-free Half & Half, made into a skinny soup without losing any of the flavor. You may also omit the chicken to made a vegetarian Creamy Ranch Potato Soup.
My Private Note
soup bo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 6 1/2 cups water
- 3 medium chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk or 1 1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 6 medium red potatoes, washed and cut into pieces to easily fit a spoon
- 1 lb baby carrots, washed
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped for garnish
- 1Place 1/2 cup water in 5-6 quart pot, add two packets of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix (original flavor) and stir until well mixed.
- 2Add 6 1/2 cups water and add all remaining ingredients; except fresh spinach.
- 3Bring soup to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to med/ low cook until vegetables are desired crispness. 30-45 minute.
- 4Garnish with fresh chopped spinach. Serve hot.
- 5May be made in crock pot.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Creamy Ranch Chicken Potato Soup #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.4
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.9 mg
- Sodium 177.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 17.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix