Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. I thought about the list of ingredients and this soup just seemed a natural fit. This soup brings an old favorite up to date. And, did I mention how easy it is to make? All in one pot or crock pot. This soup can be made rich & creamy or, by changing the milk to fat-free Half & Half, made into a skinny soup without losing any of the flavor. You may also omit the chicken to made a vegetarian Creamy Ranch Potato Soup.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 6 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 medium chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk or 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 6 medium red potatoes, washed and cut into pieces to easily fit a spoon
- 1 lb baby carrots, washed
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped for garnish
- Place 1/2 cup water in 5-6 quart pot, add two packets of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix (original flavor) and stir until well mixed.
- Add 6 1/2 cups water and add all remaining ingredients; except fresh spinach.
- Bring soup to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to med/ low cook until vegetables are desired crispness. 30-45 minute.
- Garnish with fresh chopped spinach. Serve hot.
- May be made in crock pot.
I tried this soup. it was so easy and delicious. I will make it again!
Delicious! A fabulous new rendition of an old favorite!