1/3 Photos of Easy Creamy Pumpkin Soup
A velvety-smooth pumpkin soup that's perfect for a Thanksgiving day first course. From verybestbaby.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 (14 1/2 fluid ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1MELT butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, garlic and sugar; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft.
- 3Add broth, water, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 4Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- 5Stir in pumpkin, evaporated milk and cinnamon.
- 6Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8TRANSFER mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); process until smooth. Return to saucepan. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.0
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.3 mg
- Sodium 424.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 8.0 g