Karen From Colorado's Note:
Easy and very creamy soup with taste! Great served with grilled cheese sandwiches. Will satisfy even the meat lovers in your family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon until crisp (see Homemade Fresh Bacon Bits for homemade bacon bit tips). Remove to paper towels to drain. Reserve bacon grease.
- 2Meanwhile, boil potatoes in a large dutch oven in water; do not add salt! Drain.
- 3Pour reserved bacon grease into empty dutch oven; saute onion and garlic in reserved bacon grease until onion is lightly browned.
- 4Add flour to the sauted onion mixture, stirring to evenly brown; add cream and stir constantly until mixture thickens; add chicken broth and stir until bubbly.
- 5Stir potatoes, corn and crumbled bacon into the soup; add butter, salt and pepper to taste. (you may not need salt. Bacon is very salty) Simmer until butter is melted and stirred into soup.
- 6Add milk at little at a time if soup is too thick for your tastes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy, Creamy Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (468 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 772.6
- Calories from Fat 429
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 134.3 mg
- Sodium 739.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 16.9 g