Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 5 medium potatoes
- 375 ml thickened cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bacon (optional)
- 1 medium onion (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic (optional)
- 1 cup shredded tasty cheese
- peel and slice potatoes. arrange in layers in casserole dish. chop onion and bacon and layer on top. pour in cream and bake on 190 degrees for about 1 hour. place shredded tasty cheese on top about ten minutes before removing from oven.
- you can change the taste dramatically if using garlic instead of bacon and onion. or just make it on its own. Either way this is great with steak and salad or veges.
- I make a baking dish full for my family of five and there is no leftovers.