Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fool proof, quick and easy way to whip up a tasy dish when the cupboard is bare. I am both thrilled and amazed how easy it is to turn a packet of 'Top Ramen type' noodles into a gourmet dish!
- 1 packet Top Ramen noodles
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- cracked pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons sour cream (Sour cream can be eliminated as an ingredient or substituted with a few slices of cheese of any type)
- Set aside the flavor packet and boil the noodles according the instructions on the packet (usually 3 minutes).
- Drain and set aside.
- Stir together the milk and flour and then cook them on med-high in the same pot you just used to cook the noodles.
- Add the flavor packet and cracked pepper, stirring constantly.
- The sauce will thicken nicely within a few minutes.
- Add the sour cream, still stirring.
- Mix the cooked noodles back in and pour the noodles and sauce into a serving dish and Presto!
- --You have a creamy, tasty and satisfying meal that can be served as is or can be dressed up as a side dish or with veggies of your choice added into it, or with baked chicken etc.
- placed on top of it and served as an entree.
This was awesome! Made it last nite and we loved it. I didn't find the parmesan flavor Ramens at my grocer, so I used the chicken and mushroom flavor instead. Still tasted really good! I used 2 packets of noodles to make a nice double batch. Wonderful:)
This was very, very good. I added a cup of canned petite peas to ours. Will make this again soon, maybe with asparagus...mmmm
Love it! Easy to make, especially on a college-type budget. Makes too much sauce for one packet of ramen, but I make two anyways so it doesnt seem to matter. thanks for sharing!