Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is super easy and very good. The best thing about it is how open to change the recipe is. Change the pasta flavor, change the vegetables, or change the meat and have a whole new dish! I find that it is very hard to find any leftovers the next day.
- 5 ounces angel hair pasta, with herb sauce (either from raw ingredients or a 5 oz box of the Pasta dishes (such as Lipton pasta sides)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) canvery young baby le seuer peas (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) canle sueur baby carrots
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can98% fat free white chicken meat (or 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- In large skillet, bring water, milk and margarine or butter to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Slowly stir in pasta, and seasonings. Separate pasta with a fork, if needed.
- Return to a boil. Boil uncovered 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables; continue boiling 3 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove skillet from heat. (Sauce will be thin.).
- Stir in meat and sour cream. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes for sauce to thicken.
This was quite good, guessed the amount of pasta and tossed in dried Italian herbs, didn't have the carrots so I doubled the peas and loaded up on the chicken. It came out tasty. next time I will try turkey and broccoli. Thanx for the recipe!!!