1/1 Photo of Easy Creamy No Bake Tuna Noodle Casserole
Chef Shantal's Note:
Tuna casserole was the first recipe I learned, but I didn't like the heavyness of 'cream of' soups. So I came up with this stove top version, with a milk based sauce its much lighter. Still creamy, delicious and full of flavor. Once you try it you won't go back.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1Boil water for pasta, cook according to package. Add frozen peas & carrots in last 4 minutes of cooking.
- 2Heat 1 tbsp butter in skillet, add onion and celery, season with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Cook on low for 10 minutes, until soft.
- 3In sauce pan, heat 2 tbsp butter, 1tbsp flour, whisk, 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk. Add parmsean cheese, salt, pepper, white pepper, paprika, garlic powder, dried rosemary. Heat on low until thickened.
- 4Add tuna and lemon pepper, to onion and celery.
- 5Add tuna mixture to sauce, stir well. Toss with drained pasta and veggies.
- 6Add more cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Creamy No Bake Tuna Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (725 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1533.9
- Calories from Fat 429
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 349.3 mg
- Sodium 1736.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 182.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 91.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: