I found this recipe in Southern Living magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour until smooth.; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and next 3 ingredients; cook, whisking constantly, 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- 3Gradually stir in Cheddar cheese, stirring until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Stir in hot cooked pasta. Serve immediately.
- 4Kitchen Express: Prepare pasta according to package directions. Cook 2 (10oz) containers refrigerated light Alfredo sauce in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 3-4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Gradually whisk in 10oz block 2% sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded, until smooth. Stir in hot cooked pasta and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper.
- 5Southwest Chicken Mac and Cheese: Stir in 2 cups chopped cooked chicken and 10oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained, into cheese sauce with pasta.
- 6Spinach-Bacon Mac and Cheese: Stir in 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon (about 6 slices) and 6oz package fresh baby spinach into cheese sauce with pasta.
- 7Broccoli-Ham Mac and Cheese: Stir in 2 cups smoked ham and 12oz package frozen steam-in bag broccoli florets, cooked according to package
- 8directions, into cheese sauce with pasta.
- 9Chicken-Asparagus Mac and Cheese: Stir 2 cups chopped cooked chicken and 9oz package frozen asparagus cuts, cooked according to package directions, into cheese sauce with pasta.
- 10Pea-Prosciutto Mac and Cheese: Cook 1/2 cup thinly sliced prosciutto, pancetta, or bacon (about 2oz) in a lightly greased skillet until crisp. Stir in prosciutto and 12oz package frozen sweet peas, cooked according to package directions, into cheese sauce with pasta.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy, Creamy Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.3
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Sodium 901.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 25.0 g