Prep 12 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This recipe uses drained yogurt as the foundation for a creamy, low-fat dressing. Serve over a salad of romaine lettuce, seasoned chicken and grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt or 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place a colander in a 2-quart glass bowl. Line colander with 4 layers of cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over sides. Spoon yogurt into colander. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; refrigerate 12 hours.
- Spoon drained yogurt into bowl; discard liquid. Add 1 1/2 T water, mustard, vinegar and garlic. Stir well.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat.
This made a nice, tangy salad dressing that is guilt-free! I used Greek yogurt, which did not require the draining period, so it really was a quick process. After blending together, I let sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to let the flavors meld. The amount was just perfect for a salad for 4. Thanks for sharing!