Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is very easy to make and is convenient to leave in the oven while you prepare the main part of the meal.
- Heat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Put the rice, stock, cream, garlic and parmesan into an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Cover with foil and put in the oven to cook for 40-45 minutes.
- Check on the rice at 35 minutes- stir it gently and lay knobs of butter over the top. Re-cover and put back in the oven to finish cooking.
- When the rice is done- stir, serve immediately and enjoy!
Wow, what great nice. And such an easy method. I did it in the oven and it came out perfectly. The rice was cooked just right and it wasn't sticky or clumpy at all. I used jasmine rice for this. I will definitely make this again, it was so simple!! and it tasted great. I topped mine with a little extra parmesan on the plate. Made for ZWT7- Count Dracula and his Hot Bites.
Wonderful dish! Delicious and so easy! Cooked it on the stove top like other reviewers had suggested and it came out fluffy and creamy. Boiled the chicken broth then added all ingredients except butter. Simmered covered for 20 minutes, then removed from heat and stirred in butter. I didn't have cream so substituted 3/4c milk and 4 tbsp butter...worked perfectly. Served with grilled shrimp and asparagus..it was a hit!
I think this is great! My husband thinks it's just "OK." I compromised and gave it a 4. We did find that there are more like 8 servings per recipe than 4 (at least in my house).