If you love curry then you will enjoy this rice dish! You can increase the curry if desired. Throw in some dark raisins too. Prep time does not include cooking the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rice (cooked)
- 1/4 cup oil (can use less, but do not use olive oil)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 -4 teaspoons curry powder (can use more)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream or 2 cups full-fat milk
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 3 -4 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- black pepper
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- 3In a frypan, saute the onion, garlic, salt and curry for about 4 minutes.
- 4Whisk in flour.
- 5Add in half and half (1/4-cup at a time) bring to a boil then reduce the heat immediately, and continue cooking whisking frequently for about another 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- 6In a bowl combine cooked rice, peas, carrots, red bell pepper, lemon juice and cooked chicken, and add in to the sauce in the frypan; toss to combine.
- 7Season with black pepper to taste.
- 8Transfer the mixture to prepared baking dish.
- 9Cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes.
- 10Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Creamy Curry Chicken and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 791.0
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 132.9 mg
- Sodium 813.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 43.8 g